ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING 3 Star DB Markel Reed Can't Wait to Visit UTSA

ColtMann11

Staff
Jan 26, 2018
I got the chance to interview Markel Reed, the 6’2” 170 pound 3 star DB out of Temple, about his recruitment. When asked about the recruiting process and the schools he hears from the most, Reed said “I’m just so blessed to have colleges even look at me.” He hears from multiple schools, but “TCU was my most recent.”

Coach Deron Wilson has been the UTSA coach that has been in contact with Markel the most through his recruitment. I asked Reed what he thought about Coach Frank Wilson, and he said “He coaches really well and has a desire to what he does.” I continued by asking exactly what he’s looking for in a school, and he told me “I look at their academics and see which school best fits me.” I asked him to tell me what he thinks of UTSA, and he went on to say “UTSA is a great school all around! Can’t wait to visit!” It’s clear that Markel is really looking forward to coming out to San Antonio for a visit.

I asked if he would be attending UTSA’s junior day and what he’s most excited for, and he said “Yes I will be there, and I can’t wait to put on the jersey.” Reed told me that what sets him apart from other recruits at his position is that “my confidence is at a high level at all times, even if I’m beat.” UTSA could certainly use his confidence and his long 6’2” frame on the field. Lastly, I asked if he could provide a top 3 for us and he said, “I only have 1 offer, but if TCU, UTSA and U of H offer, my top 3 would be Baylor, UTSA and U of H, no order!”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News