ADVERTISEMENT

PRESS RELEASE Betty Serna tabbed as Senior Associate AD for Fan Engagement/Digital Strategy

Javi C

Publisher
Staff
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio, TX
SAN ANTONIO – UTSA Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics Lisa Campos announced on Friday that she has hired Betty Serna as senior associate athletics director for fan engagement and digital strategy.

Serna joins the Roadrunners as a polished executive with diverse experience in the corporate landscape and as an entrepreneur for several startups. She will be tasked with leading UTSA’s push for fan engagement and to coordinate the department’s digital strategy.

“We are excited to add Betty to our leadership team,” Campos said. “She brings a great perspective to our department that will only help us better connect with our passionate fan base. Her experience in the corporate world will provide more diverse viewpoints in our conversations on how to grow our athletics program. Betty will be a great asset in our mission to enhance the visibility of our university and engage the community.”

With more than 20 years of corporate and marketing experience, Serna brings a wealth of knowledge in branding, communications, consumer insight and community engagement.

“I’m excited to be a part of such an amazing and talented UTSA team led by our Vice President, Dr. Lisa Campos,” Serna said. “As a fellow San Antonian, I’m proud of how devoted our city is. I look forward to engaging our community and building synergies to continue to grow the Roadrunner brand as the city’s intercollegiate team.”

Serna spent 11 years as the lead marketing manager with AT&T, guiding the brand messaging for all consumer products of a Fortune 10 company. While based in San Antonio, she executed brand transformation for multiple projects during the AT&T merger with DIRECTV, governing brand-messaging architecture for Entertainment Group, including TV, broadband and wireless products.

After her tenure at AT&T, Serna moved into the director of marketing role with St. Luke’s Episcopal School for three years, leading the school’s corporate, marketing and communications strategies. She then owned and was the area director for BAS Strategic Solution following her time at St. Luke’s.

- UTSA –

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT