ADVERTISEMENT

PRESS RELEASE Campos announces update to UTSA volleyball program

Javi C

Publisher
Staff
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio, TX
SAN ANTONIO — UTSA Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics Lisa Campos on Monday announced that after two decades of leading the volleyball program, head coach Laura Neugebauer-Groff has decided to step down from her position.

"Coach Neugebauer-Groff has impacted hundreds of UTSA student-athletes over the years in her role leading the volleyball program," Campos said. "A San Antonio Sports Hall of Famer, she will always be a part of UTSA Athletics and we wish her the very best moving forward. We will begin a national search for a new head coach immediately."

The winningest coach in program history, Neugebauer-Groff led the Roadrunners to a 339-260 (.540) overall record in her 20 seasons, including a Southland Conference Tournament championship, a pair of Conference USA regular season titles and the 2013 C-USA Tournament crown. The Roadrunners also qualified for the NCAA postseason twice during her tenure.

"It has been an honor to serve as head volleyball coach at UTSA for the past 20 years," Neugebauer-Groff said. "I have been able to do what I truly love by providing opportunities for student-athletes to succeed on and off the court. It's been a joy to coach the Roadrunners and I have made so many fond memories and lasting relationships through the years. I wish nothing but the best for the program and the department moving forward."

During her time at UTSA, she was named the 2014 Conference USA Coach of the Year and several of her student-athletes garnered a multitude of accolades, including three All-Americans, over 50 all-conference selections and more than 30 conference all-academic honorees.

Prior to her tenure at UTSA, Neugebauer-Groff spent eight seasons (1993-00) at St. Mary's where she led the Rattlers to a 256-62 record and three national tournament appearances. She also held brief stints at Hondo High School (1988-90) and at Texas A&M as an assistant coach from 1990-92.

-UTSA-

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT