ADVERTISEMENT

San Antonio Impact Players

Javi C

Publisher
Staff
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Was going over the roster couple of days ago and I noticed that some big contributors next year will hail from the great city on San Antonio.

Marcus Davenport (Stevensl): A bit of a surprise last year. No one expected Davenport to contribute as much as he did last year. He has drawn comparisons to UTSA great Marlon Smith. With UTSA struggling to create consistent pass rush from the defensive end position this spring Davenport will be have improve this summer. Roadrunners fan expect big things from Davenport in years to come.

Kennedy Ubabuike (Warren): A transfer from A&M Kingsville Ubabuike will have a bigger workload with so many bodies graduating. He might not be the best defensive tackle on the team, but he will provide valuable depth for UTSA next season.

Dalton Miller (Warren): Was put on scholarship this spring. Miller will see some significant playing time because of the lack of depth at linebacker.

William Cavanaugh (Canyon): New Braunfels is pretty much part of San Antonio so I will include Cavanaugh in this. One could argue Cavanaugh is the most important San Antonio area player on the team. He will be asked to be one of the leaders of the offensive line.

Kyle McKinney (Boerne): McKinney has the potential to be one of the best offensive lineman UTSA has ever had in my opinion. He will be a starter as s sophomore. Him and Cavanaugh will be asked to anchor the interior of the offensive line.

Jarveon Williams (Judson): Would be shocked if Jarveon does not break the school rushing record this year. Williams is my favorite for offensive player of the year for UTSA. He has everything you ask from in a great running back. He seems to have taken a leadership role this offseason as well. Reports out of practice indicate that he is ready to lead this team.

Austin Jupe (East Central): I am very excited to see what Jupe can bring to the team this year. A transfer out of Baylor, Jupe will be expected to compete for one of the safety spots in the fall. His addition makes the UTSA secondary very good.

Mauricio Sanchez (Warren): The lone veteran from 5 years ago. Sanchez is a fan favorite. He might not be the biggest or the fastest, but his has shown time and again he belongs on the football field. Expect him to start next season.

Kenny Bias (Stevens): Labeled the most explosive player on the team this spring, everyone expects big things from Kenny. He seems to have matured and gotten his life in order. He should be the receiver that everyone expected him to be this fall.

Aaron Grubb (La Vernia): The last of the Grubb's. Aaron will probably be starting in the slot next year.

Aaron Taylor (Warren): Might not start next year, but I expect Taylor to get some significant playing time next year. I have been a big fan of his since high school.

Honorable Mentions:

Dannon Cavil (Madison)

Larry Stephens (Brandeis)

Devin Crayton (Brandeis)

Peyton Hall (Brandeis)

Darryl Godfrey (O'Connor)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News