ADVERTISEMENT

The 2017 Freshman Class

MattyVTX

LIFETIME ROADRUNNER
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Quick breakdown of this year's Freshman Class.

Redshirt Intact
Sam Barnes
Kevin Davis
Tariq Woolen
Robert Fuentes
Michael Goff
Vance Vallair
Donovan Perkins
Frank Harris
Dadrian Taylor
De'Marco Guidry

Ton of talent that staff was able to get a redshirt. Kevin Davi, Woolen, and Barnes are all future multi year starters for us. Harris, Perkins, Guidry (future full back) and Vallair all with a shot to be starters down the line.

Of this group the only 2 that I expected to play were Woolen and Barnes. WR (on paper) is a fairly deep position for this year squad so I can see the desire to get Woolen a redshirt to let him gain some needed muscle. Barnes is a little more curious to me, but after researching a bit it appears he played WR his 1st 3 years of HS and only moved to corner back his senior season. If rumors are true that he was moved to Safety that makes it even less surprising he didn't play.

Redshirt Burned
Dominic Pastucci
Joshua Booker-Brown
Jaylon Haynes
BJ Daniels
Morris Joseph Jr.
Chance Mcleod
Bryce Rivers
Javantavious Mosley
Tay'lor Perry

None of these guys playing this season is a surprise. Struggle to get to 6 wins kept a bunch of these guys from playing as much as I'm sure the staff hoped they would. Patsucci and McLeod both look like future cornerstones on offense while MoJo, and Booker Brown both looked really solid in their short stints on the field. Mosley had flashes of good football, but was not ready to play extended meaningful minutes this season (he needs to get stronger).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News