ADVERTISEMENT

UTSA back in Atascocita

Javi C

Publisher
Staff
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Looks like UTSA is back to recruiting guys from Atascocita. For those who have forgotten, this is the high school that UTSA got two commits from early in the recruiting last year (Quan Shorts, Tre Hamilton). Shorts got a Big12 offer and ended up at Texas Tech while Tre Hamilton signed with Memphis and Blinn. It is a new season and UTSA has their eyes on a couple guys from Atascocita.

UTSA wide receiver Greg Campbell also hails from Atascocita. He played QB for a year before coming to campus. It looks like UTSA is after his brother Niyl Campbell. He took over for Greg after he left for UTSA. He's been playing QB for two years now, but projects as WR at the next level. Niyl was at UTSA's spring last weekend not only to support his brother, but because UTSA is recruiting him.

"They aren't sold on me yet, they want to see me work a little more & come to the camp in Katy." If UTSA was to offer we could probably see both Campbell brothers on the field for UTSA, "it's always been a dream of mine to play along side my brother." To earn the offer from UTSA Niyl needs to show he can transition from QB to WR just like his brother, "they haven't seen me play WR at all because the last two years I have played QB. I think they really want to see if I can make that transition from QB to WR."

UTSA has also been recruiting Atascocita's running back Patrick Taylor. Although he was not at the spring game he has been in contact with the staff. [Hudl]

Reactions: J4runners
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News